Friday, December 16, 2011

iPhone Safety Mode Due to Springboard Crash!

I have experienced this when I unlocked my iPhone after installing cydia apps. If you are in a similar situation and you haven't restored it yet using a backup, or restored it back to its original settings, then this solution will help you.

The method I used involved using the "iPhone explorer" application since the other method, which involved using cydia didn't work for me. It was mostly because cydia was kind of glitchy on my iPhone and I gave up on trying to fix it since I rarely used it anyway.

Using iPhone explorer
  1. Connect your iPhone to your computer
  2. Click the root directory
  3. Click the library folder
  4. Click the mobile substrate folder
  5. Click the dynamic library folder
  6. Remember the app that you earlier installed that caused the springboard crash. If you installed numerous cydia apps like I did, try to remember them all. There are two types of files in the folder(dylib and plist). Select the ones that have the name of the cydia app you recently installed (both the dylib and plist files). After selecting them, delete them.
  7. Exit "iPhone explorer"
  8. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer
  9. Restart your iPhone
  10. Turn it on, unlock it and the iPhone should be back to normal mode.
Note: Make sure that you know what you are doing. The steps above serve as a guide so do it at your own risk. I have tried this method and it has worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment