Saturday, October 16, 2010

Error 623

Recently, I came across a new error while using my internet browser (Mozilla Firefox). Whenever I opened it, the error would always pop-up and the browser would crash.

To solve it, I did various things:

1. I reinstalled the browser. After I reinstalled it, I ran the browser. Unexpectedly, the error still popped up.

2. I searched the Internet and tried finding how other people solved it. Luckily, I found out how at Microsoft Support.
( Link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320693 )
Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection.
I read about it there and did these steps:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections
2. Select "Set up or change your Internet connection"
3. Under the connections tab, select "Never dial a connection" (if you use DSL)
If you use dial up connection, select your dial up connection and click the "Set Default" button. Click apply and Ok.

After I did these, the error did not pop up again. If you also happen to encounter errors on your Windows OS computer, try visiting this site: http://support.microsoft.com/

If you don't find the answer there, you can still search for the solution through the thousands of websites out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment